Dance Marathon & Spring Break Reveal Night!

Hi everyone! I hope you’re all staying warm during this cold snap in Worcester! The spring semester is in full swing here at Holy Cross, even if it feels like winter outside. In addition to keeping up with my courses (syllabus week doesn’t exist at Holy Cross), this past weekend I participated in Holy Cross Dance Marathon again and attended Spring Break Immersion’s Reveal Night.

Like last year, I spent most of my first weekend of the semester participating in Holy Cross Dance Marathon, or HCDM. HCDM is a student-run fundraiser for the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, or EGPAF, which treats children infected with HIV from their mother. In support of this cause, my friends and I danced all night (or at least stayed standing) from 8PM on Friday to 8AM on Saturday and managed to raise nearly $13,000! It was a great night all around, thanks to our sponsors, the Office of Student Involvement, the steering committee, and the performers who kept us entertained throughout the evening!

My friend Julianna and I at Dance Marathon! (The theme was 80’s throwback)

The Sunday after Dance Marathon was one of my favorite events of the year–Spring Break Immersion Reveal Night! I had such a great time on participating in the Spring Break Immersion Program (SBIP) last year and I am very excited to go again. On Reveal Night, students find out where they are going, who their leader is, and who they will go with to their specific site! This year I am blessed to be going to Pearisburg, VA with a great group of other Holy Cross students, most of whom I have never met before. We will meet a couple more times before we depart in early March, but we will mostly get to know each other on the trip itself. It is one of my favorite Holy Cross programs and I am so excited to see what this year’s trip brings!

Check back in soon to hear about Little Women (the Theatre Department’s annual musical!) and getting back to my favorite SPUD site!