Hi everyone! My name is Elizabeth Griffin and I’m so excited to share my first-year experience with you all. I’m currently home for fall break (and really missing college) so I’m going to share the 5 best moments I’ve experienced at Holy Cross so far.
- Signing up for the ESCAPE retreat was one of the best decisions I made coming into my first year. It’s a 24-hour retreat for first-year students at the new (and really nice!) Joyce Contemplative Center. It was a great opportunity to get off campus for a bit and meet a lot of cool new people, many of whom have become my best friends.
- Two weekends ago was the homecoming football game! I met up with one of my friends from Escape and her sister, who is an alum, at the tailgate and made a lot of friends at the game. We had a great time together, even though it was rainy and cold. In Worcester, you have to learn to have fun no matter what the weather is!
- Meeting Rodrigo Hasbún. One of the most interesting parts of my Holy Cross experience so far was reading a book in my English class and then having the opportunity to meet the author in person and ask him questions when he came to campus. It was a really neat experience that I had never had before!
- Nativity. My favorite part of the week is definitely when I go to my SPUD (Student Programs for Urban Development) site at the Nativity School in Worcester. I love working with my student one-on-one each week and it is a great way to get my mind off all of the other things I have going on and focus on helping him!
- One of my most recent memories was my team’s first win in intramural soccer! (see picture below) We had suffered some tough losses before, but somehow we managed a win 4-3! As is custom, we celebrated with ice cream in Hogan right after!
I hope you enjoyed this week’s post! Check back in soon for more updates when I’m back on the Hill!