Fall Break and Professors’ Performances

Hi everyone! I am so excited it is finally fall here at Holy Cross — definitely my favorite season here on the hill! Classes are in full swing, and Dinand Library is busy with students studying for midterms and writing papers.  This weekend, Holy Cross is welcoming parents and families for Family Weekend, and we are looking forward to some good weather for fun fall activities (including a jazz ensemble concert on Friday night!).

This past weekend, Holy Cross welcomed alumni, family, and friends to campus for Fall Homecoming. The weekend was filled with fun fall activities and a home football game against Harvard. Unfortunately, I was unable to attend, as I was in Scotland for Fall Break visiting two of my close friends who are studying abroad for the year at St. Andrews. Although I was sad to miss homecoming, it was a great opportunity for a visit friends and take a bit of a break from academics!

My friends and I on College St (in St Andrews!)

Earlier this month, I was able to attend “Dickinson Songs,” a concert with Prof. Matt Jaskot featuring many of his own compositions. It is always great to see my professors active in their own fields and to see them accomplish great things. It was an amazing concert for all in attendance! This week, I am looking forward to the annual Mike Monaghan and Friends performance, featuring my jazz professor and some of his jazz friends. It is truly one of my favorite concerts of the year and I can’t wait to see it this Thursday!

That’s all my updates from the Hill for now. Check back soon to hear about my research for this semester!